FIR lodged on ‘Darul Sehat Hospital’ over risking infant life!

KARACHI: Father of nine-month-old baby, who got paralysed after being administered wrong injection at Karachi’s Darul Sehat Hospital, has filed First Information Report (FIR) at the Shahrah-e-Faisal police station, reported on Monday.

The FIR has been registered under section 34, 324 and 337 against the administration of the hospital.

According to the FIR, high dosage of medicine was administered to Nishwa, the baby, worsening her condition.

The hospital administration said Nishwa had Gestro problem and she was given Potassium Chloride injection. After this injection her heartbeat went high and she felt difficulty in breathing. After which she was immediately shifted to ventilator.

Hospital said they would bear the cost of treatment and they have started investigating the matter.