Raw honey helps balance the bacteria on your skin, which makes it a great product to use for acne. Honey speeds up your skin cells’ healing processes. If you have blemishes or an eczema outbreak, honey that is unpasteurized could speed healing and reduce inflammation.
These two DIY honey masks can do wonders to your skin.
Honey Citrus Mask
“This honey- and orange-based mask is the best quick fix to give dull skin a bright, pretty glow,” says Ronen.
1. Combine three tablespoons of orange juice with a quarter-cup of honey.
2. Rub the mixture lightly over your face and then leave it on for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water and, as always and forever, follow with a moisturize.
Nourishing Honey Mask
“Honey is a natural antibacterial, which makes it a perfect base for acne-fighting masks,” and “Nutritional yeast is also excellent for treating acne, as it’s rich in B-vitamins that help calm the skin barrier, especially if you’re breaking out.
1. Brew one cup of chamomile tea with two tea bags and let cool completely.
2. In a tiny bowl, stir together one tablespoon of raw honey, and one teaspoon of yeast.
3. Add just enough chamomile tea to the bowl to create a thicker paste that’s still runny enough to spread across your skin, but not too watery.
4. Apply a thin layer to your face and let sit for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse off and pat dry. Moisturize afterward!