The first China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Passenger Bus Service will start operations from November 3 between the two South Asian neighbours.
It will be a 30-hour long trip and passengers will get to enjoy the view of beautiful sights of northern side of Pakistan. Cameras have been placed inside the buses to ensure the passengers’ security.
As per the schedule issued by the authorised operator, North-South Transport Network, the buses will run four days a week from Lahore to Tashkurgan on the following days:
- The departure from Lahore would be on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday while the departure from Tashkurgan would be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- The passengers can book their seats either from Lahore or Rawalpindi, and Islamabad
- It offers premium and luxurious buses, comfortable journey, better en-route services that include breakfast, lunch, dinner refreshment beverages, tea, and snacks, while fast Wi-Fi service would also be provided throughout the journey
Detailed itinerary of CPEC Passenger Bus Service (Lahore to Tashkurgan)
- Departure: From Lahore: 12:00 a.m.
- Stopover 1: 04:00 a.m – Islamabad/Rawalpindi (pickup)
- Stopover 2 : 07:00 a.m – Mansehra (breakfast)
- Stopover 3: 01:00 p.m – Besham (lunch)
- Stopover 4: 04:00 p.m – Chelas (tea)
- Stopover 5: 08:00 p.m – Gilgit (dinner)
- Stopover 6: 02:0 a.m – Sost (custom, immigration & breakfast)
- Stopover 7: 12:00 p.m – Khunjerab Pass, Pakistan side (checking)
- Stopover 8: 12:30 p.m – Khunjerab Pass, China side (checking)
- arrival: 03:00 p.m – Tashkugran County (drop-off)
Detailed itinerary (Tashkurgan to Lahore)
- Departure: From Tashkurgan: 11:00 a.m
- Stopover 1: 01:00 p.m – Khunjerab Pass, China side (checking)
- Stopover 2: 01:30 p.m – Khunjerab Pass, Pakistan side (checking)
- Stopover 3: 03:00 p.m – Sost border (custom, immigration & lunch)
- Stopover 4: 09:00 p.m – Gilgit (dinner)
- Stopover 5: 01:00 a.m – Chelas (refreshment)
- Stopover 6: 06:0 a.m – Besham (breakfast)
- Stopover 7: 09:00 a.m – Mansehra (refreshment)
- Stopover 8: 12:00 p.m – Islamabad/Rawalpindi (lunch & drop-off 1)
- Arrival: 07:00 p.m – Lahore (drop-off 2)
The passengers have been asked to book their seats at least a week before travel.
Fares of CPEC Passenger Bus Service
- One-way ticket from Lahore to Taskurgan costs Rs13000 per seat
- One-way ticket from Tashkurgan to Lahore costs RMB 600 (equivalent to Rs11,475 under current exchange rate)
- Return ticket is Rs23,000.
Travel documents required
- Valid Visa
- Original Invitation from China
China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is a flagship project of President Xi’s One Belt One Road (OBOR) initiative involving a massive investment of over $60 billion in infrastructure projects in Pakistan.
Originally valued at $46 billion, the value of CPEC projects was worth $62 billion as of 2017.
The CPEC is intended to rapidly modernize Pakistani infrastructure and strengthen its economy by the construction of modern transportation networks, numerous energy projects, and special economic zones.