If you’re looking for ways to be healthy and have a better immune system to fight colds and the flu, these food items have got you covered.
Add these amazing foods into your daily diet and get a heather and strong immune system:
- Sunflower seeds: Full of nutrients, including magnesium, phosphorous and vitamin B. They’re also incredibly high in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant.
- Turmeric: An anti-inflammatory in treating arthritis, also helps decrease exercise induced muscle damage.
- Almonds: A half-cup serving, which is about 46 whole, shelled almonds, provides nearly 100 percent of the recommended daily amount of vitamin E.
- Citrus fruits: It helps build up your immune system. Vitamin C is thought to increase the production of white blood cells. It also helps in fighting infections.
- Garlic: Garlic helps lower blood pressure and slow down hardening of the arteries. Garlic’s immune-boosting properties seem to come from a heavy concentration of sulfur-containing compounds.
- Ginger: Ginger may help decrease inflammation, which can help reduce a sore throat and other inflammatory illnesses. Ginger may also help decrease nausea. Ginger may help decrease chronic pain and may possess cholesterol-lowering properties.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a great source of vitamin D. It helps regulate the immune system and is thought to boost our body’s natural defenses against diseases.
- Papaya: Papayas have a digestive enzyme called papain that has anti-inflammatory effects. Papayas have decent amounts of potassium, B vitamins, and folate, all of which are beneficial to your overall health.