The government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has announced to build Pakistan’s first ever digital city.
Special Assistant to Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Kamran Khan Bangash, announced the plan of KPK government’s plan of launching Pakistan Digital City in Haripur, located behind the capital’s Margalla Hills.
Industrial revitalisation in IT Sector is the cry of the day.
We’re soliciting preliminary survey from National & International investors/industries for “Pakistan Digital City Haripur”, only 30 minutes drive from Islamabad. #KPvision2023 #KPgoesTech https://t.co/ChNzhQO4OT pic.twitter.com/vzC5l7VnRJ
— Kamran Khan Bangash (@kamrankbangash) October 1, 2018
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Technology Board (KPITB) has also revealed that the city will offer wide opportunities for businesses and technology corporations.
The board has also mentioned the potential investors could include:
- Electronic Manufacturers
- Mobile, Computer and Peripheral Manufacturers
- Communications Equipment Manufacturers
- Semiconductor and other electronic Manufacturers
- Audio, Video and Wearable Device Manufacturers
- Software Houses
- Technology Incubators
- Academic Institutes (Universities/campuses)
- Hospitality Services Industry
- Linguistic Training Providers
- Business Process Outsourcing firms.
The plan is to push forward the aims of Pakistan to attract foreign digital companies to invest in the South Asian country as a neighboring country India is stepping ahead in the digital market than Pakistan.