Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, in a late night message on Thursday, announced that taraweeh prayers throughout the province will only be observed by the mosque’s administration (4-5 people) in the mosque premises.
He said that Friday prayers and taraweeh prayers by the people at large must be observed at home.
The chief minister said that he had spoken to President Arif Alvi in this regard and had received his nod for the decision. “The president said it is up to the provincial government,” said Shah.
Shah said taking such “difficult decisions” are a government’s responsibility and this decision was taken especially keeping in mind doctors’ recommendations.
Shah said that on Friday, as had been the practice over the past four Fridays, a strict lockdown would be imposed between 12pm and 3pm, during which movement by people will be banned and congregations of more than five people in mosques prohibited.