By: Huda Yaseen
There is a famous saying: “Youth is the best time to be rich and the best time to be poor”
What is youth? There are three phases of life childhood, young age and old age. These three ages reflect time as past, present and future. Youth is like present moment of life, this age gives more dreams to fulfill, to learn , to explore new ideas, to make things possible and achieve it.
GUIDELINE FOR BUILDING A POWERFUL YOUTH:
HEALTH AND FITNESS: Physical activity plays an important role in wellbeing. It is recommended that a Person Should do at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity throughout the week, or do at least 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity physical activity throughout the week, or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous- intensity activity. Include physical activity in your everyday life, as it will help you to keep fit and ensure good health.
BENEFITS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: It helps people in managing health! It improve muscular and cardiorespiratory fitness, bone and functional health, reduce the risk of hypertension, Diabetes etc.
1. Running can increase your aerobic fitness
2. Weight training increases muscle strength
3. Yoga increases your flexibility etc. And no wonder, “All good
thoughts are conceived while walking.”
HOW YOU CAN ENHANCE YOUR MENTAL WELLBEING: Participate in physical activity because it has a strong and positive
influence on mental wellbeing. It can be alternative treatment approach for depression and it also protect you from developing dementia.
HOW YOU CAN ENHANCE YOUR PHYSICAL WELL BEING: Eat healthy foods and Avoid foods which contains a lot of fats Because it ultimately leads to obesity.
Physical activity enhances your physical wellbeing too Even small increases in physical activity could have important physical health benefits.
HOW YOU CAN ENHANCE YOUR SOCIAL WELL BEING: Social well-being is having good relationships, social stability, and peace.
1. Develop good communication skills 2. Practice proper body language
3. Be a good listener
4. Develop thoughtful responses.
We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future. So, here are some tips about how youth can be Empowered!
TIPS TO EMPOWER THE GROWING YOUTH
Below I am outlining some killer actions to boost your self-confidence.
1. Groom yourself: It’s amazing how much of a difference a shower and a shave can make in your feelings of self-confidence and for your self- image.
2. Dress nicely: If you will dress nicely, you will feel good about yourself. You’ll feel successful and presentable and ready to tackle the world. Now, dressing nicely means something different for everyone … it doesn’t necessarily mean wearing a branded outfit, but could mean casual clothes that are nice looking and presentable.
3. Empower yourself with knowledge: Empowering yourself, in general, is one of the best strategies for building self-confidence. You can do that in many ways, but one of the surest ways to empower yourself is through knowledge.
4. Know your principles and live them: Think about your principles … you might have them but perhaps you haven’t given them much thought. Now think about whether you actually live these principles, or if you just believe in them but don’t act on them.
5. Act positive: More than just thinking positive, you have to put it into action. Action, actually, is the key to developing self-confidence. Act in a positive way, take action instead of telling yourself you can’t, be positive. Talk to people in a positive way, put energy into your actions. You’ll soon start to notice a difference.
GETTING MORE DONE IN LESS TIME It comes down to three things:
1. Obligation scheduling: You can’t just mentally plan to get things done. You have to calendar what you are going to do and when you are going to do it. By shifting to an obligation frame of mind, you give weight to the tasks and that creates greater necessity.
2. Effective efficiency : Efficiency means that we do the best job possible in the least amount of time. First, you need to know how long a task will take. Second, you need to determine if you can shrink that time without losing quality. Keep track of how long certain actions take and work toward shrinking the time without losing quality.
3. Present focus: The greatest enemy of productivity is distraction. The ability to stay attentive seems almost impossible in today’s world. You might schedule efficiently and still lose because your mind drifts or call or an email pulls you away. Staying in the “now” and in the present will increase your productivity.
First, eliminate anything not related to the task. If your phone, or internet or people are not essential to task completion, then shut them down.
Second, If you have an extra short attention span, then get an egg timer and set it for five or ten minutes as a reminder to stay on point.
TAKE RESPONSIBILITY IN LIFE
Taking responsibility is all about taking action for your own life. A person with a winner’s mindset will actually own up and take responsibility.
HOW TO BE RESPONSIBLE IN LIFE
1. Stop blaming others: Life is unfair, some people’s life are even more messed up than others. When you’re not ready to take responsibilities in life you start blaming other people but that only results in bitterness and powerlessness. Your life is not about them, it’s about you. You need to stop blaming so you can reclaim your freedom and power that is yours.
2. Being positive
Try to remain positive in every situation. Being positive means you have hope and confidence to handle what’s tough, along with remembering that nothing is negative all the time.
3. Always seek to learn
It’s not Necessarily about formal learning. Most of people when graduated ,they just stop learning. To become a successful person you must continue your learning. Look for opportunities to learn everywhere you go and with everything you do.
DEFINE YOUR GOALS IN LIFE
Setting goals gives you a long term vision and short term motivation. It
helps you to organize your time So you can make the most of your life. It also raises your self-confidence.
Normant Vincent Peale quoted: “All successful people have a goal. No one can get anywhere unless he knows where he wants to go and what he wants to be or do”
HOW TO SET GOALS
1. Make a plan: Think about what you want from your life because you can’t plan a major journey with no real idea of destination. So, first Decide what you want to do.
2. Work on your plan: Once you have decided what you want to do then start working on it to achieve your goals. Write individual steps, and then cross each one off as you complete it, you’ll realize that you are making progress towards your ultimate goal.
3. Stick with it: Keep yourself on track, and make regular time-slots available to review your goals. Make sure the value and necessity remain high.
POWER OF PROPER GUIDANCE
Nothing in life comes easy. You have to pay the price! Everyone has to pay the price! Getting a good education may just be the most important price you can pay.
It is the duty of parents & teachers to nurture their children & help them to be a good human. Youth is the world’s biggest power as they are full of enthusiasm & zeal to learn new things by applying it to real-life situations. Thus, youth can contribute a lot to the nation’s development if the proper direction is provided & can turn the nation to dream nation! And No doubt Youth power is a power that can work wonders if led properly and make blunders if left without a mature leader.!