The federal government is planning to upgrade the Army Public School into a University named “Shuhada APS University” remembering the children who lost their lives in the 2014 attack.
It is one of the requests made by the Judicial Commission who also wish to include the 2014 December attack in the curriculum to enlighten the younger generation about the sacrifices rendered by the martyred APS students.
The federal government has also undertaken several other important initiatives:
- 22 APS martyrs have been conferred with Tamgha-i-Shujaat and Sitara-i-Shujaat.
- Schools, flyovers, roads and parks all over the country have been renamed after the martyred APS students.
- Devised a transparent mechanism to ensure free secondary and higher education is provided to the siblings of the martyred students in cadet and military colleges.
- Two seats have been reserved in each University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Peshawar and Khyber Medical University Peshawar for the siblings as a special quota of the martyred APS students.
- Special compensation packages have been announced by federal and provincial governments for the martyred and injured of the APS attack.