This avocado smoothie doesn’t taste at all like guacamole. Instead, it’s like a fresh lime sorbet. Thanks to the avocado and banana, it has a delicious creamy texture that makes it a really satisfying breakfast or snack. In fact, it’s so good that I’d even eat it for dessert!
Smoothies are an easy way to add valuable nutrition to your diet when you’re short on time. But even if you have all the time in the world, smoothies are still an excellent choice, as you can throw together a complete balanced meal and Avocado which are actually classified as a fruit, are low in fructose and rich in healthy monounsaturated fat (which is easily burned for energy), and research has confirmed the avocado’s ability to benefit vascular function and heart health.
Avocado Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2cup cubed frozen pineapple
- 2cups packed fresh spinach, or 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1ripe avocado
- 1frozen banana
- 3/4cup light coconut milk, canned or from a carton
- 3tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus 1/2 teaspoon zest
- 1teaspoon maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 8ice cubes
- 2scoops vanilla protein powder*, optional
- Combine the pineapple, spinach, avocado, banana, coconut milk, lime juice, maple syrup, salt, ice, and protein powder, if using, in a blender. Blend until creamy.
Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking. If you prefer a sweeter smoothie, add more maple syrup. If the consistency is too thick, add more coconut milk, and blend again.