There was a recent charity auction hosted in Capri where Katy Perry donned her vintage Pierre Cardin gown. She kept it real classic and royal. Her tones were neutral and understated, all drama sat on her winged shape eyeshadow. It was an unusual cut-crease and heavy lashes which created a big difference, drama and twist. Her makeup artist used Pat McGrath products on her to create such a loo.. Her makeup was quiet complex yet game changer.
Here is how you can achieve the look yourself simply by following these steps:
- For a flawless base like her, you should start off with mositurizer and then gradually start to layer your foundation. Use the one with a medium coverage and apply it all over, take concealer and hide your imperfections and problematic areas for eg scars, blemishes etc. A foundation brush is too good for blending too. Set it with a translucent powder and setting spray.
- Use a creamy contour palette and bronzer to add warmth to your face, use bronzing powder across the temples, jawline and hairline. Try to sculpt you face by applying cream contour along the hollows of your cheeks and then add a highlighter to your face. For blush you should opt for Milani Baked Blush in 03 Berry Amore on the apples of your cheeks.
- Eyeshadow is the main game here, start off with nude cream eyeshadow all over the eyelids so that it appears primed. For the eye look, her makeup artist might have used Pat McGrath Huetopian Dream Mothership IX Palette, which hasn’t been released yet. But you can achieve this task through any palette that has peachy, bronze tones like Charlotte tilbury instant eye palette in pillow talk. Use an angled brush and apply peachy matte eyeshadow. Then apply the same shade along the top of the lash line so that a winged effect can be created. Intensify it further by applying a darker bronze shade and then use a small blending brush to diffuse sharp lines.
- Take both the shades and apply them on the lower lash line. Next use a gel based eyeliner to create a dramatic effect as perfect as her’s.
- For mascara, use one which will give you volume and would add length, To match her type of eyelashes definitely one needs to choose a voluminous pair of false lashes like Huda Beauty and stick it super close to the lash line, once it’s perfectly stuck, apply black eyeliner to all the patches where glue might be visible.
- Next comes the eyebrows. Use an eyebrow pencil to define your brows and then apply highlighter on your brow bone. Sweep same powder on high points of your cheeks.
- For lips, use a warm brown lip color. First outline the lips and then start applying the lipcolor. There should be two coats atleast so that the rich real colour comes out.
There you go, looking like Katy 😉